British canoeing (bcu) 3 Stars Sea kayak Course & Assessment weekend WITH HOWARD JEFFS
28th, 29th & 30th October
With the British Canoeing (BCU) 3 Star Sea Award paddlers can consider themselves as an able and improving sea paddler rather than a beginner.
This course is based on the British Canoeing (BCU) 3 Star Syllabus and assessment guidelines.
During assessment paddlers should be able to demonstrate personal competence when paddling in wind conditions of no more than Beaufort Force 3 or Sea State 3 as part of a led group. This BCU award is available as either a 3 Star Sea Kayak Award or a 3 Star Sea Sit-on-top Award
3 Star Sea candidates must:
- Provide evidence of at least three different journeys on the sea, of about three hours duration (eight nautical miles) each
- Maintain consistent British Canoeing 2 Star standard of performance in the appropriate craft is before starting to work towards the British Canoeing 3 Star Sea Kayak or Sit-on-top Award. It is recommended that the candidate holds the British Canoeing 2 Star Award
- Run by Howard Jeffs who is a level 5 coach.
- Location TBC but we are aiming to do the training and assessment in the south coast.
- We will help arrange car share and boat lifts. If you need a boat, we will help you find somewhere local to hire one.
- We will be camping and will decide where once we have a location.
- We finish early afternoon on the third day.
For more information on the award, syllabus and assessor's note check this link.
Price included the course & assessment only. You will need to budget for kayak hire if you need one, for camping and for the British Canoeing fee for your certificate.